Silent Virus list, not working

NTIN Page Guy pages at ntin.net
Wed Sep 24 17:11:12 IST 2003

NPG> Hello ,

NPG> Here is my silent virus list as it appears in my MailScanner.conf

NPG>   Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame Gibe Yaha-E Bugbear Braid-A WinEvar Palyh Klez Sobig Fizzer Dumaru

NPG>   Klez is set to silent, But Mailscanner sent 200+ Klez.H notices to a customer last night,
NPG>   why?

NPG>   I would appreciate any insight anyone can offer.

NPG> Best regards,
NPG> Robert B, NTIN                           mailto:pages at ntin.net

Nevermind, My customer assured me these notices were generated
last night, but they were actually generated a month ago(I had removed
Klez because it didn't seem to be forging the FROM) when I first told him he had the Klez virus,
He is still infected but MailScanner is not notifying him because Klez
is set silent.

On a related note, I'm a bit confused by Klez.  It seems I recall when
it first came out that it was a Forger(forging the from field) but
this latest version Klez.H seems not to be.  With Klez.H the FROM
field seems to show the actual sender.

Does anyone know, Is Klez a forger or not?

Best regards,
Robert B, NTIN                           mailto:pages at ntin.net