White Listing E-mail

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 09:55:00 IST 2003

At 23:35 23/09/2003, you wrote:
>Quoting Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>:
>
> > See the per-domain and per-user white and black listing code in
> > CustomConfig.pm.
> >

>Thanks Julian. I did not see the per-domain white listing in CustomConfig.pm.
>But that is probably because I am not looking hard enough. Say, how do I
>enable
>perdomain whitelisting and also, can it be used in conjuction with per-user
>whitelisting?

You RTFM.

Cut straight out of CustomConfig.pm....

#
# This set of functions provides per-domain simple spam whitelists and
# blacklists. Each of the 2 directories set below contains 1 file for
# each domain, with the domain name being the filename. The file contains
# a list of entries, 1 per line, each one either being a full address:
#    user at domain.com
# or an entire domain:
#    domain.com
# The addresses contained in the file for a domain make up the entire
# spam whitelist or blacklist for that domain.
#
# For example, say you had /etc/MailScanner/spam.bydomain/whitelist/jules.fm
# which included the lines
#       soton.ac.uk
#       ecs.soton.ac.uk
#       jules at julianfield.net
#       123.234.45.56
# Then all mail from anything at soton.ac.uk, anything at ecs.soton.ac.uk or
# jules at julianfield.net would be whitelisted if it was heading to any
# address @jules.fm. Also all mail from IP address 123.234.45.56 would be
# whitelisted if it was heading to any address @jules.fm.
# The same thing works for the blacklist directory.
# For per user per domain use the file name username at domainname.com.
#
# Overall white and blacklists should be put in a file in each directory
# called 'default'.
#
# To enable these functions, set the following in your MailScanner.conf file:
#   Is Definitely Not Spam = &ByDomainSpamWhitelist
#   Is Definitely Spam     = &ByDomainSpamBlacklist
#

# Set these to be the location of your whitelist files and blacklist files
my $WhitelistDir = '/etc/MailScanner/spam.bydomain/whitelist';
my $BlacklistDir = '/etc/MailScanner/spam.bydomain/blacklist';

--
Julian Field