OT: Filtering POP3 mail [was Re: A little help please ;)]

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Sep 24 09:03:46 IST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 08:47, Stephen Liu wrote:

>This is W32/Swen I have been trying hard finding a solution to get rid
>of them.  They disguised as M$ Support email bouncing all the time.

>From what I remember of your previous posts you need to scan pop3 mail.
As I mentioned previously MailScanner doesn't do that.  I also fail to
see what your post has to do with the thread you have inserted it into.
I've also noticed you asking the same question on the clamav-users list.

It would be appreciated if you could restrict your posts to these lists
to the matter in hand.  i.e. MailScanner here and Clam Antivirus over
there.  Neither of these lists is for seeking general recommendations
for other software you may need.  I too am being bothered by Swen/Gibe
(I've had about 200 so far just in my mailbox, plus 900 postmaster
notifications), so do I have some sympathy your position, but please
understand that making your problem my problem by repeatedly posting the
same off topic questions is not the way to go about seeking assistance.

For what its worth 10 seconds of searching on Google (the planets
greatest support resource!) for... pop3 virus scanning proxy  ...
yielded 6100 results, the first of which contained a link to
http://pop3vscan.sourceforge.net/ [I didn't bother looking further].  I
don't know if this will do what you want, and I can't recommend it as I
have no personal experience of this project, but it may be of some use
to you.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000