Bayes... Razor?

=?Big5?B?IkQuIEhvImhuIg==?= dh at UPTIME.AT
Wed Sep 24 06:58:26 IST 2003

Chan Min Wai said the following on 9/24/03 5:09 AM:
> Hello everyone.

Hello to Malaysia
>         Can anyone tell me what are them and what is their relation with
> spamassassin? I always heard them here, but I've no idea what it is.

hopefully I can be of some service.
Theorethical Information and a Bayes can be found here:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayesian_probability

Yet when we talk about a Bayes imlementation that comes with
Spamassassin and what it is being used for you are probably better off
reading this:
http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html

To learn all about Vipuls Razor (which is the full name of what you a)e
referring) to go to
http://razor.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php

Razor basically is a tool to query a system remotely if a message can be
classified as spam or not. Bayes is an extension to the spamassassin
system, it works locally.

-d