Feature request or can MS..??

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Tue Sep 23 15:37:57 IST 2003

Please pardon my ignorance and kindly enlighten me if this is already
possible.

I noticed the HTML links in the Microsoft patch virus emails are still
intact on the cleaned message.

Given the attacks against MS IE, is there a way to show the users
mailscanner is working but not let the html body through?

I'm thinking even more aggressive than strip html since outlook rebuilds
html links in text form.  But in lieu of a new action, would it be easy
to make the options for spam available for treatment of cleaned viruses
and dangerous HTML?  I could then strip the html and make the message an
attachment.  That would at least cause my users to stop and think.  Most
of them are trained not to open strange attachments.

Ideally, I think just a report of the virus caught and who sent it or
maybe the internet headers since they don't get forwarded by default
under exchange.

I realize the value of "who" is useless.  However, I'm betting my users
would generate a lot of questions without the "who" because some of them
still can't believe email can be forged.

I guess I'll set the silent delete for now.

Thanks

-Scott