SpamAssassin 2.60

Christo Bezuidenhout Christo at IT4AFRICA.CO.ZA
Tue Sep 23 11:49:09 IST 2003

Can I install the RPM or do you suggest we install from source.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Julian Field
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 12:12 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: SpamAssassin 2.60

In case you haven't heard, they have released SpamAssassin 2.60.
Available from www.spamassassin.org.

I have it all up and running nicely on Solaris and Linux.

When you are installing it, please do read the INSTALL file that comes
with it, as there are a couple of extra steps you need to do.
1) "sa-learn --rebuild" to make sure your Bayes database is in the
correct format.
2) Patch razor2. Read "Razor2.patch". Basically you need to find the
right "Razor2" directory and apply their patch file with the "patch"
command.

And if some of the tests in "make test" fail, please take the time and
effort to work out exactly why and solve them. They should all either
work or be skipped (it may skip the razor tests). If they don't all
work, don't come complaining that you've broken your MailScanner server
:-)
--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.
Mailscanner thanks IT For Africa for their support.

Disclaimer ----------------

This message and any attachment/s are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please notify AG Industries Limited immediately.
Any unauthorised use, alteration or dissemination is prohibited.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail and/or attachments, we strongly recommend that you subject this e-mail and attachment/s to your own virus checking procedures prior to opening.
AG Industries Limited accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from information made available and actions resulting there from.
Messages sent via this medium may be subject to delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alteration.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive material of any nature is requested to report it to Postmaster at ag-industries.com