spam score of zero!?!?

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Sep 23 09:32:45 IST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 09:13, kfliong wrote:

>I can't just upgrade sendmail because i am using ensim. If you know
>about
>ensim then you would know that ensim is very particular about some
>packages
>that it use or else it might break the whole system. Currently sendmail
>seems to be working fine. I won't be upgrading it unless really
>neccessary.

In my book a remotely exploitable buffer overflow is makes an upgrade
'really necessary'.  Although, as with any important system I'd
recommend imaging onto other hardware and performing a test upgrade
first.
You may not need to upgrade, there may well be back-ported fixes
available, especially if you run one of the common distros.

> >Theres no MailScanner headers there, are you sure it went through
> >MailScanner? Have you got anything whitelisted?

>Yes I do have a couple of whitelist. But that is not it. Those
>whitelist is
>working fine. I can see it in mailwatch 0.3.

Are you whitelisting senders?  By IP or domain?  This is, I think, the
most common way to misconfigure that lets some spam through.

>How do I find out whether sendmail is handling those mails or it's
>mailscanner? tail maillog?

grep maillog for the message ID (you should see at least two entires,
one ending in queued and one ending in sent)

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.