try to use mailscanner

Sun Sep 21 20:32:24 IST 2003

On Sunday 21 September 2003 8:14 pm, Efes wrote:

>  Dear Mailscanner users & creators,
>
> I have
>
> ASPLinux 7.2
>
> Sendmail 8.11.6
> MailScanner (istalled from
> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-
> 4.20-3.rpm.tar.gz )

Both of these are quite old.

> perl-5.6.0-17.asp

This quite an old version too.

> My problem is:
>
>  1) when system starts, it shows attempt of mailscanner to start;
> mailscanner starts, but with some errors, I do not have time to write
> down these errors, looks like it's connected with perl;

If you can tell us what the errors are, we might be able to help.   Without
that information we can't do much because we don't know the precise problem.

>  2) when I try to send some message, sendmail saves it in
> /var/spool/mqueue.in directory, I wait for long time, but it doesn't
> move to /var/spool/mqueue.

Well, that'll be because MailScanner isn't running (you knew that).

Tell us what shows up in your system logs when you try to start MailScanner.

Alternatively, do you get any error messages displayed if you start
MailScanner manually?

I really would recommend installing current versions of the software, (a) to
make it as secure as possible, and (b) to make it easier for people like us
to help.

Regards,

Antony.

--

It's beautiful, man, beautiful.   It's enough to make me merely hate BIND
rather than loathe it with every fibre of my being.

 - David Cantrell