eTrust

Erik Jakobsen eja at URBAKKEN.DK
Sun Sep 21 16:16:11 IST 2003

What led to this was, that I couldn't get eTrust up, and I was advised
by Julian Field to do as I show that I have done. I don't say, that
Julian Field tells me anything that's wrong. Nor do you :-)

>>[root at gateway /]# /usr/lib/MailScanner/etrust-autoupdate
>>Initialization of the shared library libDistCfg.so failed. The process
>>is terminating abnormally.
>

>>What could be the reason for this failed initialization ?.
>

> Wrong setting for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or not being run as root.

Then its wrong settings. But don't think I have done that wrong setting.

> I suggest, again, that you call update_virus_scanners rather than
> etrust-autoupdate and that you make sure you have the correct package
> directory listed for etrust in virus.scanners.conf (in the MailScanner
> config directory - usually /etc/MailScanner)

Ok. Thats also the way I call update for my F-Prot.

But still my eTrust will not run. I have sent the output to this list today.

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards.
Erik Jakobsen - eja at urbakken.dk.