Configuring mailscanner with ssmtp?

Sun Sep 21 15:17:10 IST 2003

On Sunday 21 September 2003 3:02 pm, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I took a look at the docs and also searched the mailing list archive, but
> didn't see any mention of anyone else doing this...
>
> Is there any way to configure mailscanner to work with ssmtp? I don't have
> a full mta like postfix or qmail set up.

I can't see this being possible, since ssmpt only sends mail, it cannot
receive it, and it does not understand queues either.   MailScanner depends
on the MTA to both receive incoming mail and deliver outgoing mail, and MS
simply moves stuff between two queues in the middle.

So, it doesn't look to me like ssmtp is going to do what you want.

Regards,

Antony.

--

If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs,
then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilisation.