Help with smart host please

Alan Fiebig mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Fri Sep 19 23:13:56 IST 2003

But as MS is generating bounce messages to anywhere on the Internet, I would have to have
the internal dns box set up with every domain in existance, but leaving off the MX record.

A message comes in from say 'toni at acme.com' and MS determins that it must be rejected, lets
say its too large for example. So, MS creates a bounce message to 'toni at acme.com' and places
it into /var/spool/mqueue

I want sendmail to now blindly send that to my smarthost, talia.elknet.net

But, sendmail continues to force a dns lookup against 'acme.com' before it is willing to
send the message to the smarthost for delivery.

-Alan