New Virus with Fake Microsoft Address...

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Fri Sep 19 18:51:42 IST 2003

Actually I upgraded Sophos to the September release and I haven't gotten
any since.  It appears the August version was having issues.

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 9:16 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: New Virus with Fake Microsoft Address...

The newest code does have this:

# *If* "Notify Senders" is set to yes, do you want to notify people #
who sent you messages containing attachments that are blocked due to #
their filename or file contents?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = no

Shame that your scanners don't reliably detect it.

--
Julian Field