postmaster not recieving reports.

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Fri Sep 19 16:32:33 IST 2003

Mailscanner is not sending reports.  If I send an email to
postmaster at myhost.mydomain.com, I receive the forwarded message.

Postmaster is aliased to root
Root is aliased to a local user
Local user has a .forward to my exchange inbox.

Works fine on my other mailscanner backup box.

I am getting alert mail from Exim sent to postmaster.

Below is part of mailscanner.conf for reporting.  I tried setting
Notices To = directly to my inbox without success.

It seems like the reports just are being generated.

Everything else is working fine virus scanning, spam tagging, delivery.

Any ideas?  Any other tests?

MS 4.23-11, Exim 3.36, SA 2.55

Thanks

Scott

# Notices to System Administrators
# --------------------------------
#

# Notify the local system administrators ("Notices To") when any
infections
# are found?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Send Notices = yes

# Include the full headers of each message in the notices sent to the
local
# system administrators?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notices Include Full Headers = yes

# Hide the directory path from all the system administrator notices.
# The extra directory paths give away information about your setup, and
# tend to just confuse users but are still useful for local sys admins.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Hide Incoming Work Dir in Notices = no

# What signature to add to the bottom of the notices.
# To insert a line-break in there, use the sequence "\n".
Notice Signature = -- \nMailScanner\nEmail Virus
Scanner\nwww.mailscanner.info

# The visible part of the email address used in the "From:" line of the
# notices. The <user at domain> part of the email address is set to the
# "Local Postmaster" setting.
Notices From = MailScanner

# Where to send the notices.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notices To = postmaster

# Address of the local Postmaster, which is used as the "From" address
in
# virus warnings sent to users.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Local Postmaster = postmaster