The definition of Eicar. Was: Question for Bitdefender Users

Thu Sep 18 23:24:07 IST 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 11:16 pm, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Ha, don't I feel like an idiot. :)
> >
> > I attached the Eicar text inline to a message to see if
> > anything would catch it.  Guess what?
>
> Oh well, i guess not many people have this in their Silent list so you
> get flooded by your own foolish mistake i guess.

I wouldn't recommend putting Eicar in the silent list, as it would interfere
with the whole purpose of sending test emails containing a 'harmless virus'.

Antony.

--

I vote "no" to this proposal to form a committee to investigate whether we
should or should not hold a ballot on whether to vote yet.