File size exceeded but attachment not removed.

Thu Sep 18 22:41:01 IST 2003

Hi!

> Sendmail's message size blocking definitely works, I have used it for
> years. The fact that 2 different size-blocking systems both fail for you
> tends to imply that mail is coming in via some other route which doesn't
> involve these checks.
>
> At 10:03 18/09/2003, you wrote:
> >I don't want to be a nag but any news on this issue. Any place where I
> >can go and have a look at the code. Maybe it is just attaching the wrong
> >attachment. Someone managed to send a 167MB email to my server and this
> >caused huge problems. Sendmail is supposed to block but that did not
> >work either.

Exact. We use it on sendmail also, and NEVER seen a bigger one comming in
then our limit. I do see loads of message to big in the logs, so pretty
much works okaay! :)

I suggest taking a look in the mailheaders where that mail was posted
from.

Bye,
Raymond.