The definition of Eicar. Was: Question for Bitdefender Users

Thu Sep 18 22:20:34 IST 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 10:14 pm, Kevin Spicer wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 21:42, Antony Stone wrote:
>
> > It is true that some A-V vendors have chosen not to include a signature
> > which recognises the Eicar string, presumably on the pedantic basis that
> > it isn't a virus :)
>
> Interesting that Clam don't take that view, given their recent attitude
> to damaged viruses!

No, no, we dissuaded them of that attitude, on the basis that even damaged
viruses fell into the category of "things the users don't want to receive",
and should therefore be blocked.   They now have signatures for broken
viruses.

Regards,

Antony.

--

The flush toilet then, as the plainest manifestation of a feedback loop, is a
mythical beast - the beast of self.

 - Kevin Kelly, Out of Control