Question for Bitdefender Users

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ANSF.ALCATEL.FR
Thu Sep 18 21:59:11 IST 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 10:14:35PM +0200, Patrick Vande Walle wrote:
> > You should be able to find several emails about bitdefender
> > in the archives. A while ago, I downloaded a trial version
> > and was shocked it would not even detect the Eicar string,
>
> Strange. This was the very first test I did with BitDefender 7.0 and it
> catched the Eicar string right away ...

How did you test it or which exact version did you try ?
with my test copy of bdc-7.0.1-2 (RPM), eicar.com or eicar.com.txt were not
detected  :
[root at galactus root]# date ;  bdc -mail  -all eicar.com  ; date
Thu Sep 18 20:33:44 CEST 2003
BDC/Linux-Console i386 v6.5.2 (Apr 22 2002 16:20:08)
Copyright (C) 1996-2001 SOFTWIN SRL. All rights reserved.

CORE v1.0.2 i386 (Apr 19 2002 08:09:17)

Results:
Folders           :0
Files             :1
Packed            :0
Infected files    :0
Suspect files     :0
Warnings          :0
I/O errors        :0

regards,

SL/

---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services