SophosSAVI Broke?

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Sep 18 20:50:33 IST 2003

> I rather suspect that it's not *solving* the problem, but *masking*
> it temporarily. When I was working as a Student Assistant at the
> local uni, I found a lot of people had *just* this sort of problems
> with their FORTRAN programs: the program failed, typically because
> something wrote off the end of an array; putting some debugging code
> into the program moved the array or put something after it that wasn't
> in protected storage[1], and so the program didn't blow up.

 I suspect so as well, but nothing was changed on the server except for new
virus definitions (updated automagically). No updates were applied to any
other part of the system. It just decided to stop working one day.

 Cheers,

-Joshua