Slightly OT: Does sa-learn need unpacked messages?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Thu Sep 18 17:06:52 IST 2003

If sa-learn is given the --mbox option, does it need to have rfc822
attachments unpacked separately?

I have spam delivered to users as an attachment.  If they want to train the
Bayesian engine, they forward the entire message to a training mailbox,
which gets processed by sa-learn --mbox.  But is it a problem that what
they're forwarding is not the original spam message, but rather the warning
from MS (which includes the original spam message as an attachment)?

At the moment I think some users are opening the attachments and forwarding
just the attachment, but other users are forwarding the whole bundle.  Is
that a problem or does sa-learn know enough to unpack rfc822 attachments?

--
Trever