OT: Sendmail

Thu Sep 18 16:53:16 IST 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 4:44 pm, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> >   I updated sendmail at redhat.com yesterday, but the version didn't
> >   change.  Im told all versions 8.12.9 and lower suffer from this flaw
> >   and I should be running 8.12.10 but redhat gave me 8.12.8 which was
> >   the version I already was running.
> >
> >   Hope no-one mines this off topic post.
>
> Redhat for example backported the fixes, they always do...

Shouldn't they still change the version number in some way (eg 8.12.8 ->
8.12.8a or 8.12.8-1) so that sysadmins know whether they've got the new one
or the old one on a given machine?

Regards,

Antony.

--

What is this talk of software 'release' ?
Our software evolves and matures until it becomes capable of escape,