MS fails after change or add

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu Sep 18 15:16:06 IST 2003

The RaQ's have that GUI based administration and IT is probably restarting
sendmail.  One option might be to rename the sendmail init script and then
symlink sendmail >> MailScanner

Thoughts?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Kevin Spicer
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 8:53 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: MS fails after change or add

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 14:41, Kham Vue wrote:

>I'm testing  MS 4.25 w/ SA on a Cobalt RAQ4 server.  Everything works
>great except every time I add a virtual site or change anything on
>email, MS does
>not work.  Sendmail works but MS does not (X-MS not in header of
>email).

Sounds like you (or some process) is restarting sendmail standalone when you
make a change.  Mailscanner then can't start the queue only sendmail process
because the SMTP port is already bound to the standalone sendmail.

Is this something you are doing or part of a script?

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you have received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete this message immediately.
Disclosure, copying or other action taken in respect of this email or in
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited accepts no
liability in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.