SophosSAVI Broke?

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Sep 17 19:53:42 IST 2003

Ok. Now I'm confused.

 I've been able to track down the problem to line 321 ("$SAVI = new
SAVI();") of SweepViruses.pm.

 The children die at this point.

 Now for the strange thing.. For whatever reason, everything works fine if I
add a print statement right before 'new SAVI();' is called. Even though the
print statement doesn't get displayed anywhere, it seems to work when it's
there. If I remove it, the children die again.

<   $SAVI = new SAVI();
---
>   print "creating SAVI\n";  $SAVI = new SAVI();

 I can't reproduce the problem outside of MailScanner though. Everything
works fine in the scan.pl example that's included with the SAVI-Perl package
and in some small scripts I wrote to test it out.

 I think I'm going crazy.

-Joshua