Verisign idiocy confusion {Scanned by HJMS}

Res res at AUSICS.NET
Wed Sep 17 22:45:45 IST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Furnish, Trever G wrote:

> This change prevents you from being able to identify non-existant domains

And this is exactly why our mail servers require an A *and* a PTR record
for connecting mail servers, they dont have to match, but there must be one.
I've done this with sendmail for a few years, the moment I did it the spam
level dropped by a massive amount.

But for those that CBF doing that, perhaps redirecting abuse@ and the
all hte fake postmaster msgs we will get for mail bounces to as many
mailboxes at verisign as we can muster :)

They will soon learn.....one way or the other :)

--
Regards,
Res