eTrust Virus Scanner - New FAQomatic subcatagory

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Wed Sep 17 22:07:25 IST 2003

Thanks for the review.

I was wondering if the sudo autoupdate script was necessary.  I'll test
running it as root.  I had asked the list yesterday if setting "run as
mail" in Mailscanner.conf meant that all of MailScanner including the
autoupdate script also would run as mail.

Ps aux yields:

mail       496  0.0  1.1 14048 11828 ?       S    09:28   0:00
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/MailScanner/lib /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner
/opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf

I didn't get into the file locations because of different linux
distributions.  I'm on Debian and don't have a cron.hourly and I run
from the tar distribution of mailscanner because of the large gap in
Debian packages. Although Matthias Klose has graciously started as the
packaged maintainer (again is it?), I haven't converted back to the .deb
install.  In short I don't have a /usr/lib/MailScanner.  My home
directory is probably a poor choice, but given the iterations I was
going thru /opt/Mailscanner I didn't want to accidentally rm -R * them
either.

The files in /home/scott/scripts are root:root 755 already.

I'll edit based on your comments tomorrow.

Ahem "Kevin", thanks for the "appearance" pointer.  I got the
subcategory set.

Scott