Spamassassin or spamd

Thu Sep 18 02:05:56 IST 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 1:46 am, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Do I need the spamd running for spamassassin to work, or is MS using the
> executable everytime?

MailScanner does *not* use spamd.

In fact, it does not even use the standard executable, spamassassin either :)

MailScanner is written in Perl, SpamAssassin is written in Perl, and MS
simply calls the necessary Perl functions / modules as needed, for maximum
efficiency.

Regards,

Antony.

--

How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters
involving quantum mechanics.

 - 3.14159265358979