F-Prot Troubles

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Wed Sep 17 17:28:12 IST 2003

>> Virus Scanners = f-prot3

I assume you really meant f-prot not f-prot3

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Campbell [mailto:ccampbell at BRUEGGERS.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 9:07 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: F-Prot Troubles

I've just installed MailScanner v4.23-11 and it seems to be working well
with Spamassassin.  I've also installed F-Prot.  If I manually run a
scan against a directory, F-Prot will detect viruii.  However, when I
send a test virus through my mail server, F-Prot does not catch it.  I
have set the
following:

/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf:
[much snippage]
Virus Scanning = yes
Virus Scanners = f-prot3
Virus Scanner Timeout = 300

virus.scanners.conf:
f-prot          /usr/lib/MailScanner/f-prot-wrapper
/usr/local/bin/f-prot

[root at atlas MailScanner]# which f-prot
/usr/local/bin/f-prot

Anything else I should be doing?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Christian P. Campbell
Systems Engineer
Information Technology Department
Bruegger's Enterprises, Inc.
Desk: (802) 652-9270
Cell: (802) 734-5023
Email: ccampbell at brueggers dot com
Registered Linux User #319324

PGP public key available via PGP keyservers or
http://www2.brueggers.com/pgp/ccampbell.html

"We all know Linux is great...
it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
                                                   -- Linus Torvalds