Missing email messages

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Wed Sep 17 16:49:10 IST 2003

> People were complaining of slow response on the mail server
> sending and
> receiving, so i changed a couple of settings in
> mailscanner.conf, but i
> wouldn't think that would affect very much.  Changed children
> from 10 to 5
> (currently set it back to 10), and set queue interval for 5 seconds.

Regarding this, I was wondering what kind of impact it has.  If I have 5 child process, queue interval at 5, I almost never get more than 3 messages in a batch.  Is it better to run less childs or have them look in the queue less often to be easier on ressources.  I guess the first saves memory and the second saves cpu?

Thanks,