resolv.conf

Tue Sep 16 17:50:26 IST 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 5:42 pm, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> in which resolv.conf should I put the address of my caching DNS server?
>
> /etc/resolv.conf
> /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf
> or /var/spool/postfix.in/etc/resolv.conf

I cannot answer this question, because I've never seen a machine with more
than one (valid) resolv.conf file, and I'm also a sendmail user.

Please can someone who knows about Postfix explain why it might want multiple
resolv.conf files?   I find this an odd concept...

Regards,

Antony.

--

I love deadlines.   I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

 - Douglas Noel Adams