Verisign bogosity

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Tue Sep 16 15:42:00 IST 2003

Hi,
   I discovered that when I blackholed 64.94.110.11 in DNS, I was
having a lot of DNS lookups timeout.  On my mail server, this meant
that mail started stacking up because it couldn't resolve addresses.
I also started seeing a lot of timeouts for spamassassin and spamcop.
Not good.  When I removed 64.94.110.11 from blackhole, things started
moving again.

   As an aside, I called my stock broker and dumped my shares of Verisign
this morning.  They were going up in morning trading, but I figure the
shares will take a dive once the market hears of their huge business blunder.
I also sent email to "support at verisign.com" informing them that I would not
be renewing my certificates with them in October.  If you own certs from them,
I would advise doing likewise.

--- Jeff Earickson