Whitelisting question, pls help

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Tue Sep 16 15:02:45 IST 2003

Yes

-----Original Message-----
Of Juan C. Quesada
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 8:54 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Whitelisting question, pls help

One if my users was complaining about an increase in
SPAM. When I looked at his headers, Spamassassin gave
a score above 6, but allowed it through because the
address is whitelisted.

His specific address isn't whitelisted, however, one
of the recipients is. My question is, if I whitelist
an email address and someone from the outside emails a
group of addresses including the whitelisted one, is
then the email "whitelisted" to everyone?