Detailed AntiVirus Software Roundup

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Sep 15 19:08:30 IST 2003

The update problems have been solved some time ago. MailScanner will
time out the update if it takes too long and Clam has added mirrors so
it shouldn't be a problem any more.

Most other problems with Clam does not concern MailScanner since it has
to do with scanning mboxes and the daemon expiring, those are not used
by MailScanner and is therefor not an issue. Most development goes into
those two problems so you shouldn't have to upgrade the scanner itself
very often at all.

I'm happy with Clam alone because I have other scanners further in but
if I thought I needed a commercial complement I would go with CA:s
because of the license. Trend by the way is very expensive.

 From the list I find Sophos to have the most serious problems, lately
something regarding PDF:s.

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, MailScanner 4.23-11, SpamAssassin 2.55, ClamAV
20030829