Virus checker recommendations for Windows 2000 Server?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Mon Sep 15 00:19:41 IST 2003

I am very interested to know how many viruses you pick up on the Exchange
server - in other words, ones which were missed by ClamAV and picked up by
Symantec - compared to the number picked up by ClamAV?

Antony.
--

None yet, but I only installed MailScanner on sep 5th.

You can see my stats at

http://mail.camo-route.com:81/mailscanner-mrtg/

Since I've struggled a bit to modify the scripts for postfix, so the data is accurate only from today on, from noon (you can see that from te stats).

Btw, please tell me if you see something bad.  The machine is only a test server, which is a Pentium Pro 200, 64 Mo ram.   I'm planning to put it on a PII 300, 128 RAM, scsi HP netserver E50.

We usually caught 3-4 viruses a day only on the exchange, and since MailScanner is installed, no virus went through.  I could let you know later on.  We only have a dozen of mailboxes.

I keep an anti-virus on exchange to make a double layer of security, especially since clamAV seem to be unaware of old viruses.