RBL cache {Scanned by HJMS}

Chris Trudeau-Personal chris at TRUDEAU.ORG
Sat Sep 13 16:25:29 IST 2003

Perhaps what Ugo is looking for is an "adapted" reverse lookup process.

If there are 30 messages in a batch, he doesn't want to have to query the
RBL for each of these via reverse DNS...he wants to have a local "process"
that maintains a cached query for these requests for four hours.

which is in essence a caching DNS, I'm just not sure how he could build a
caching DNS that would set the TTL to 4 hours no matter what the master DNS
said.

I can see how this could lighten the load on the RBL list maintainers and
distribute the load to local DNS servers.

seems to make sense...the easy way to do this, would be to have the list
maintainers create extended TTL on their records...this would allow for
local DNS servers to cache the balcklists for longer periods of time
reducing the number of times mailscanner implementations would have to query
the blacklists directly.

CT