RBL cache {Scanned by HJMS}

Sat Sep 13 15:30:40 IST 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 3:25 pm, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> Hi Antony.
>
> Your answer is appreciated, but I am not talking about DNS.

I'm sorry, but I think you are - you just don't realise it.

> It is based on the same principle, but with different data.  I do not want
> to cache a name-to-IP adress mapping,

I know that.

> I want to cache the names or IP address of
> servers that has been qualified as spam source in the last, say 4 hours.
> Not to prevent DNS queries, but to prevent RBL queries.

My point is that RBL queries *are* DNS queries.

See http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl/usage.html

Regards,

Antony.

--

If you think you see a Heffalump in a trap,
make sure it isn't really a Bear with an empty honey jar stuck on his head.