NewBie Question! {Scanned by HJMS}

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Fri Sep 12 21:39:46 IST 2003

Sounds like you want to set something like the following in
MailScanner.conf:
Virus Scanning = /etc/MailScanner/rules/virus.scanning.rules

...and then create the /etc/MailScanner/rules/virus.scanning.rules file
containing something like:
FromOrTo:     @domain.you.want.to.scan.com  yes
FromOrTo:       default no

Then anything bound for user at domain.you.want.to.scan.com will get scanned,
but the rest doesn't.  But then again, that's actually controlling all mail
processing for that domain, not just virus scanning.  It seems like the
attribute you really want is probably

Virus Scanners = /etc/MailScanner/rules/virus.scanners.rules

...with that file containing something like:
FromOrTo:       @domain.you.want.to.scan.com    sophos
FromOrTo:       default none

...but I don't know whether the "Virus Scanners" attribute can be a rule.
Not using virus scanners here, sorry.

Hope it helps,
Trever