Spamassassin

Chris Trudeau chris at TRUDEAU.ORG
Fri Sep 12 17:43:57 IST 2003

CHeck with the timeouts for the RBLSs in user prefs for spamassassin.

CT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ugo Bellavance" <ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 11:52 AM
Subject: Spamassassin

Hi,

  I installed Spamassassin 2.55, changed the

"Use SpamAssassin = no"

for

"
Use SpamAssassin = yes"

But when I start mailscanner afterwards, I always this message:

"SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 20"

There is no SpamAssassin header in my received e-mails, so I don't think
Spamassassin processes the incoming mail.

I'm using ClamAV on MS 4.23-11. w/Postfix on RH9

Here are some of my settings of MailScanner.conf

Spam Checks = yes
Spam List = ORDB-RBL spamhaus.org spamcop.net NJABL Easynet-DNSBL
Easynet-Proxies Easynet-Dynablock Infinite-Monkeys
Max SpamAssassin Size = 90000
Required SpamAssassin Score = 9
High SpamAssassin Score = 20
SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no
SpamAssassin Prefs File =
%etc-dir%/spam.assassin.prefs.conf^@/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin^@/us
r/bin^@^@
SpamAssassin Timeout = 20
Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = no
Spam Score = yes
SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
SpamAssassin Install Prefix =
SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =
SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir =

Does MS use spamd daemon or the executable?
spamd is started at boot (maybe because I first installed it with the rpm).
I haven't touched any SpamAssassin-related files yet.

Thanks,

Ugo Bellavance