NOTIFY-New Guestbook Entry

mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 17:43:32 IST 2003

New Guestbook-Entry from Jeff Earickson

  In the lifetime of Sobig-F, we killed slightly more the 120K<br />
<BR>Sobigs with MailScanner.  Even with students returning from<br />
<BR>off-campus with their computers during this time period, we had<br />
<BR>exactly ONE (1) Sobig-F infected computer on-campus during the<br />
<BR>virus lifetime.  With MailScanner, I could quickly spot the culprit<br />
<BR>and remove from the network.  I consider the protection provided<br />
<BR>by MailScanner (and sophossavi and clam) to be outstanding, during<br />
<BR>the worst virus outbreak in history.  Great Job!<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>--- Jeff Earickson<br />
<BR>    Colby College<br />
<BR>