n+1 Re: Re: Whoa!! "Virus Scan failed" What?

Greyhair greyhair at GREYHAIR.NET
Fri Sep 12 04:59:00 IST 2003

I know this would be a BIG effort but...
How about an option (call it option n+1), when upon failed virus scan,
the file is stripped from the message and saved as
"user at emailaddress.com.file.name"
in a temp directory.  Then the admin could scan the files with an alternate
method and
forward to the users. (maybe a script...)
What to do with the email that had a file stripped?  Either send it along
with "stripped.txt" in place of the stripped file or, maybe (like AOL), do
nothing... i dunno.
This IMHO would increase security, but again it would be a BIG effort (what
do i know, I'm no programmer).

I think MailScanner is doing an AWESOME job!! Thanks to the MailScanner
Team!!

greyhair