eTrust Virus Scanner

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Thu Sep 11 22:13:56 IST 2003

I think another posted by the name of Alan is also enamored with eTrust. They've certainly got my attention.
-Nathan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Kyle Harris [mailto:lists at TRCINTL.COM]
	Sent: Thu 9/11/2003 1:54 PM
	To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
	Subject: eTrust Virus Scanner

	I have been looking into pricing on different virus scanners and I have
	found something that I think others might be interested in.  First, it
	should be noted that I have not yet used this software.  I believe they do
	have a downloadable demo on their web site that I am about to check out.
	However, what is interesting is their pricing.  I just got off the phone
	with someone at CA and have the following deal on their eTrust Antivirus
	7.0 software.  I think it beats just about everything else I have seen, at
	least on price.  Here is the deal:

	1 - 5 node license of eTrust Antivirus 7.0 w/3 year support @ 19.95 per
	license for a total of $99.75
	1 - Media Kit $13.95

	(Note:  This is an upgrade price.  They gave it to me when I told them I
	was currently using another product.  This is also what they call
	their "corporate open license" (at least I think that is what she called
	it).  It is a little better price than the retail version plus it includes
	the 3 year support.

	TOTAL $113.70 plus tax, and S&H.

	Here is the best part.  The software runs on just about all versions of
	Windows, Linux, Netware, Mac, & Sun Solaris.  Furthermore, it includes a
	version for Exchange Server & Lotus Notes.  Plus many others.  I confirmed
	with the sales person that I can load one copy on my Exchange Server (no
	cost per client), one copy on my Linux box running MailScanner, one copy on
	my Server (again, no per client cost), and two others.

	I get any upgrades that may come out for three years and all virus
	signature updates for life.  Plus I believe Julian just added support for
	this product to MailScanner.  Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!  I'm am
	curious if anyone has any bad expierences with this software.