Content Checks: Detected HTML-specic exploits in h8AGGVSe016972

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Thu Sep 11 15:37:44 IST 2003

Antony Stone wrote:
>>My only issue with this is that I'd rather there was a smart html
>>stripper [no jokes about smart strippers please!] which only removed the
>>offending tags.

> Surely this is precisely what "Convert Dangerous HTML to Text = yes" is for?
> Or am I misunderstanding that MS option?

Don't think he objects to that feature, merely it's implementation.  If
the <bad tag> was neutered rather than totally converting the message to
text, users would still get the majority of their pretty message.

I have users object pretty loudly to getting an email in text when it's
normally in HTML.  If the <bad tag> was commented out or replaced with
<safe tags> maybe they would be happier :)
--
Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner
Platform Hosting
1300 85 HOST
www.platformhosting.com

   This message has been scanned for spam & viruses by Mail Security.

   To report SPAM forward the message to:    spam at mailsecurity.net.au
   Report incorrectly tagged messages to: notspam at mailsecurity.net.au

   Mail Security                              www.mailsecurity.net.au