Content Checks: Detected HTML-specic exploits in h8AGGVSe016972

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Thu Sep 11 15:05:09 IST 2003

Kevin Spicer wrote:
> My only issue with this is that I'd rather there was a smart html
> stripper [no jokes about smart strippers please!] which only removed the
> offending tags.

Agreed, perhaps "neutering" - ala <!-- <bad tag> --> the tags rather
than converting the whole message would be a cleaner solution.

> I'd also like some way to remove web bugs from email, without having to
> strip all html.

Again - <!-- <bug> --> would be tidy and I can't imagine overly hard to
do if you've got the smarts to code the HTML to text conversion..

> I really don't see the point of sending web-pages by email, isn't that
> the point of  having the web.  Of course, if I had my way, I'd block all
> attachments.

Of course the web is supposed to be pretty and email is supposed to be
email,
but whilever mail clients can do something, users are going to want to
do it!

I love mailscanner, maybe a few of these little tweaks might help me
love it more!

Julian - a virtual case of beer for you and anyone else who's contributed!
--
Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner
Platform Hosting
1300 85 HOST
www.platformhosting.com

   This message has been scanned for spam & viruses by Mail Security.

   To report SPAM forward the message to:    spam at mailsecurity.net.au
   Report incorrectly tagged messages to: notspam at mailsecurity.net.au

   Mail Security                              www.mailsecurity.net.au