spam.assassin.prefs file customization help

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Sep 10 23:02:16 IST 2003

At 02:52 PM 9/10/2003 -0700, Juan C. Quesada wrote:

>Thanks a lot Steve, it worked.

Juan you seem to be struggling with some basics of rule writing.

At the risk of being a bit self promoting, I do have a fairly comprehensive
howto about writing your own spamassassin rules. Eventually this is going
to be mirrored by the spamassassin.org website, but I've been tinkering
with some of the text still so I asked Justin to hold off on that.

In the interim, you can get the howto directly from my home-account website.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/SA-rules-howto.txt

You might find it useful . I tried to include a lot of tips, tricks, and
common mistakes that I made while going through the "school of hard knocks"
learning to tweak SA.