MailScanner Eating Up System Proccesses

Vernon Webb vernon at COMP-WIZ.COM
Tue Sep 9 23:52:04 IST 2003

Now I have a new problem. When I start MailScanner it seems to tie up my system so bad that I can't even access web pages. When I look at the system processes there are a number of MailSacanner processes running eating up the CPU, some processes as high as 13% and then they go down from there to like 9% , 7% and so forth. You add them all up and the system is almost at a standstill. It never used to do this so I don't understand why it is. Any ideas?

Vernon Webb