Newbie Question: MCP Feature

Holger Gebhard gebhard at EPOST.DE
Tue Sep 9 21:36:41 IST 2003

Hello Group,

i have two strange Problems with the new MCP-Feature in MailScanner...

System:
Debian Woody 3.0R1
MailScanner Version 4.23-11
SpamAssassin Version 2.55
Clamav Version 0.60

MCP doesent check Mails for "Keywords", but all other Features in
Mailscanner works fine.

I try to use the paths who are permitted in the standart "MCP-Configuration"
in MailScanner.conf (%mcp-dir%). When a Message pass MailScanner i can
see that the MCP-Check seems to start up with no errors in mail.log,
mail.info, etc. but detect absolutely nothing (no keywords from
example-rulefile and/or nothing from self written rulefile).

The second Problem is when I set "Is Definitely MCP" in MailScanner.conf to
"Yes" for example, every Mail will be marked as MCP... This works fine...
But when I set the "Non MCP Actions" to deliver and "MCP Action" to bounce,
no bouncemail will send. The Logfile shows the "Message File" cant be
found...
The "Sender MCP Report" Path is set correctly...

For testing I try to clear all Paths in the "MCP-Configuration".
I know that MCP with no Paths use the "normal" SpamAssassin with the
included SPAM-Detection Rules and not the "MCP-Rules"...
Whatever, the Logs show that MCP detects "SPAM" equal to the following
SPAM-Check (SpamAssassin)...
( With this Configuration MailScanner crashs after the SPAM-Check and all
Email send thru MailScanner will not delivered ;-) )

For me it seems to be a SpamAssassin or Rulesetproblem?
What means the "second" copy of Spamassassin (MCP)? A manual startet
SpamAssassin?
Have anyone testet this Feature or have it running?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Holger