MailWatch vs. MRTG

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Tue Sep 9 21:01:21 IST 2003

Hi Steve,

>>> Mr. Freegard, thank you for the feedback.

No problem at all.

>>> Is there a way that MailWatch could run on another server and monitor my
MS gateway?

Yes - you can set-up another server with MySQL on it and just install
MailWatch.pm on your MailScanner box and point it at the MySQL server.

However - you won't be able to release quarantined messages and there are a
couple of other things which won't work if you do this.

If you want to give it a try - then I suggest that you wait until the 29th
September as I'm about to go on holiday.  I'll knock up some better
instructions for you on my return.

Kind regards,
Steve.