Panda Software command line scanner

Richard Ahlquist newsletters at PCSITES.COM
Tue Sep 9 02:15:51 IST 2003

I recently tried to purchase a perpetual single license of their Linux
command line scanner. The web site provided no way to order less than 6
perpetual licenses so I emailed them. Basically they refused to provide me
with any way to order it online and wanted me to call. All I want to do is
place the order and get on with it. Due to their reluctance to provide this
customer service (several emails were exchanged) I decided they weren't a
company I wanted to get involved with at the time. So I added Clam to my
F-Prot and I have been happy as a clam ever since. If someone figures out a
way to order a single license reliably please let us know.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
Of Stephen Lee
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 11:48 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Panda Software command line scanner

Hi,

I'm currently using Sophos with MS/Exim and it has worked very well so
far. I'd like to add a second but cheaper AV engine and found Panda
Software's command line Permimeter Scan product for Linux. Their website
seems to suggest that the per user (or mailbox I guess) fee for 3 years
costs $13.50 USD. Presumably that means $135 for 10 users / 3 years? I
sent Panda a message on pricing but only received an automated reply
that didn't make sense to me. Anyone here using Panda with MS and how
much did it cost?

Thanks,
Stephen