SpamAssassin / sa-learn

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Sep 8 23:02:38 IST 2003

At 04:56 PM 9/8/2003 -0500, Steve Douglas wrote:
>My next step is to try and figure the sa-learn thing out.  That is another
>story for the moment, but when I attempt to test the sa-learn out it is
>still defaulting to the /root/.spamassassin path.  Does anyone have a
>suggestion?

Modify the root user's /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs to have a bayes_path
statement that points it to /var/.../bayes_.

You can also do it in /etc/mail/local.cf, but this will prevent any bayes
database for any user (root or otherwise) from being any other place. And
sometimes it's handy to have a local non-root account test some things.

man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf should cover this pretty well.