MS 4.23-11: buglet in update_virus_scanners

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 8 15:32:30 IST 2003

At 13:56 08/09/2003, you wrote:
>Julian,
>    I just upgraded from 4.22-5 to 4.23-11, and update_virus_scanners
>gagged the first time cron ran it on my Solaris 9 box.  It turns out
>the /usr/bin/grep on Sun does not support the "-e" option, while
>GNU grep (/usr/local/bin on my box) or /usr/xpg4/bin/grep does.
>So I had to tweak my copy to use GNU grep.  I don't how you want to
>fix this for all permutations of grep.  What a pain.

It seems to be just a Solaris problem at the moment, I have already added a
bit extra to the script so that it puts /usr/xpg4/bin (or is it
/usr/bin/xpg4) in the path before /usr/bin so that the correct version of
grep is found. You don't need the GNU version, the xpg4 version is just fine.
--
Julian Field