MailWatch for MailScanner 0.3 Beta Install Problems

Gerry Doris gerry at dorfam.ca
Mon Sep 8 15:00:21 IST 2003

Last night I downloaded and installed the MailWatch 0.3 beta code.  I
followed the install instructions and have it running.  However, I did run
into a few problems...

1. when I use a web browser to access https://server_name/mailscanner I
end up with a listing of the directory instead of the authentication
screen.  I need to click on status.php to get the authentication screen
and get the application running.

2. I have two users in the users table.  One is gerry and the other is
root.  I can't log into the authentication screen using gerry.  It only
works with user root.  I have edited $db_host, $db_user, etc in
MailWatch.pm for user gerry.

Also, I can successfully log directly into mysql's mailscanner database
using user gerry and his password both from the mail server or other local
hosts.

3. I use ClamAV, F-Prot, and Trend.  Is there a way to have all stats for
all three?  It appears that I can only use one.

Other than the above items all appears to be working great.  I get all the
stats and graphs just fine.  Nice job!

Gerry