Sobig.F@mm.enc

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Sep 7 19:51:52 IST 2003

I can explain what is happening with all of these cases. A dumb MTA is
rejecting the message, and including the entire content text of the
rejected message in the rejection notice, rather than just the headers or
the first few lines (which is what sensible ones do). As the MIME structure
of the rejected message is completely broken by it being included very
simply in the rejection notice, your email app can't actually decode the
attachment anyway. So it's actually quite safe. But some AV products
generate a false alarm on it, Norton in particular.

--
Julian Field